We know that your lawn is an investment in the beauty and value of your home.
• You want a lawn with minimal maintenance
• You want a lawn that is environmentally responsible
At Vissers’ Nursery and Sod Farm, we continually strive to meet these needs. When installing our sod you are getting quality you can trust. We are confident that our Premium Blend Kentucky Bluegrass and Certified RTF Fescue will save you both time and money while giving you the best looking lawn.
• Irrigated regularly, so sod is always beautifully green and full; even in the hot summer months
• Bright green, every time, guaranteed!
• High quality maintenance program to ensure a strong root system
• Our field consist of sandy, loam type soil so even during the wet spring and fall months our sod is easy to handle
Each roll covers 10 square feet; 2 feet wide by 5 feet long. One pallet consists of 80 rolls; 800 square feet. Big 325 square metre rolls are also available through our installation services.
Advantages over Brillion seeding:
• All material required for good germination are applied in one step.
• Spraying allows for a very even application, reducing the need for reseeding bare spots later on.
• The fibre mulch helps to retain moisture essential for good germination.
Some common misconceptions about hydroseeding:
• Hydroseeding will reduce the amount of watering needed for a new lawn. – Although the wood fibre mulch in hydroseed will help to maintain an even amount of water available to the grass seed, the lawn will still need to be watered several times a month during summer conditions to have good success.
• Hydroseeding creates a weed free lawn. – All seed varieties that we use are certified to be weed free. The weeds that may develop in a lawn generally come in with the topsoil or are blown in from nearby sites.