At Vissers’ Sod Farm we focus on the needs of sports field managers and what they want from their sod.
At Vissers’ Sod Farm we focus on the needs of sports field managers and what they want from their sod:
• Sod that looks great
• Sod to enhance athletic performance
• Sod to be a safe playing surface
• Sod with minimal maintenance
• Sod that is environmentally responsible
We continually strive to meet these needs. When installing our sod you are getting quality you can trust.
While our sod is being developed, it receives the best cultural practices. The grass is irrigated regularly and we have developed a high quality maintenance program to ensure a strong root system. We are confident that our Premium Blend Kentucky Bluegrass and Certified RTF Fescue will save you both time and money while giving you the best looking and best performing field.
Big Rolls provide fast and efficient installation. Large rolls also produce a more uniform and mature look with fewer seams. Big Rolls are 3.6 feet wide. These rolls are only available with our installation services.
A small Kubota Tractor with dual turf floatation tires is used to install the big rolls therefore making minimal disturbance to the existing grade. A John Deer Tractor with a landscape rake will re-grade the area used to bring the large rolls to the sports field.
Small Rolls lend themselves very well for smaller detailed areas or areas of smaller dimensions.
We provide a unique service that allows us to renovate your sports field without having to remove the existing grass and topsoil, while still improving soil conditions. A pulveriser is used to scarify, breakup, smooth, and prepare the existing sports field area for new sod installation. Pulverizing existing grass and mixing it 6 inches into soil will leave more organic matter in the soil thus creating a soil mixture that is richer in nutrients than stripping and replacing soil with new topsoil. This is the most cost effective way of renovating a sports field.
• Consult with customer to create sports turf blends that meet the needs of a specific site.
• A certificate of analysis for our seed can always be provided.
• Can provide any type of seed mixture from specification.
Advantages over Brillion seeding:
• All material required for good germination are applied in one step.
• Spraying allows for a very even application, reducing the need for reseeding bare spots later on.
• The fibre mulch helps to retain moisture essential for good germination.